pets vs. children adult content

I was in line the other day behind a serisouly tired looking lady with 3 very young kids (and yes, they were running rampant) and while she was paying for her snacks and what not she and I overhear the manager talking to her employee about how much she hates kids, how they are always f*cking everything up and thank God she has two dogs because if she had her kids (the woman in front of me) she would've killed "the ugly, snarling brats". And then turned around to realize that the lady hadn't left yet and half the people in line had heard her and had kids. The poor thing was standing there with her mouth wide open in total shock, she looked like she was going to cry so I grabbed her bags and ushered her and kids out the door and quite frankly, told the manager to go f*ck herself. I mean, what exactly would you say or do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• good for you!
    Jessica131

Answer by Jessica131 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• ya know most of the time I ignore total strangers and am very conflict avoidant, but that is one of those times I think I would have said something, too. Good for you. In fact what she said would have been very hard for me not to wanna get physical about it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would have done the same thing. I would also be looking for a cooperate number. Ohhh! That really irritates me. That is stuff you DO NOT say in a professional setting. EVER. She is entitled to her opinion but she should not be expressing it on the clock.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Report her to her supervisor!!! That kind of talk is certianly not appropriate discussion to be having when you have customers. Manager should have kept her big mouth shut and been thankful for having a job. Report her report report!!!! That's what I think. Whether it be a phone call or a letter or whatever, that just isn't cool
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Good for you speaking up to her!! I would take it 1 step further and report her to her supervisor! Talking about customers is NOT appropriate and what she said was horrible!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Words cannot begin to describe how I feel about people like that, but good for you! for sticking up for the lady. I think you might feel better to make a complaint about the manager, as matter of fact, if all the other people standing in line did. That was unprofessional and uncalled for.
    mommieGem

Answer by mommieGem at 12:33 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• you rockgood job momma! I would like to say I would do the same, but put in that situation I dont know what I would do!

endurablemist

Answer by endurablemist at 12:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• WOW I would also be calling head quarters. The nerve of some people!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 2:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would have ripped that mgr a new asshole then contact her boss to let them know what kind of POS they hired.
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 4:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• you could said after she realized they hadn't left did you want to tell her again to her face . some people. remember the phrase if you don't something nice to say don't say anything at all.KARMA!!!
    cuteness13983

Answer by cuteness13983 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2010