How accurate do you think the heartrate wives tale is?

faster- girl
slower-boy

what were the heartrates of your babies and what r u having?

I'm 11w 5d and the heartrate is 165. whatcha think?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't believe in it personally. All 3 of my children always had heart rates in the 140's-150's and I have 2 girls and now a boy.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Dead on for me. My 1st was 168 my 2nd was160 and my 3rd was 120. I had a girl, then another girl, then a boy.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I think it may be just a myth.I tried lots of the wives tales with my daughter and they were mostly wrong.My heart rate with this baby is in the middle so I couldnt guess if I tried.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 12:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• idk about the heart rate but the activity was really different for my pregnancy's my girl was always moving kicking doing something, but my boy was lazy! but some-days he would be moving like crazy and then one day he didn't move all day i got scared and went to the L&D floor and as soon as they put me on the monitors he started moving. But my Dr said that the heart rate was just a tale not true. but idk! lol GL!
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 12:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• girl!! couldn't tell how active it is now so I'm just going to guess. lol
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 12:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• its funny I heard it the other way around.. but i can tell you that a friend of mine and i were prego at the same time, and the children had the same heartbeat (or one or two beats off) i had a girl, she had a boy..
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 12:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I don't think that really works. I don't remember my kids heartbeat rates though.
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 1:02 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Personally, none of those wives tales worked for me either. The pencil on a string was way wrong! My son's heart rate was 165 and my daughters is 145.
    bcbmami

Answer by bcbmami at 3:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010