How do you know you're going through Menopause?

I'm 42 years old, and I just don't have the desire to have sex anymore with my husband. I don't want him to touch me, and he irritates the hell out of me. I can't say that I'm going through hot flashes, as the temperatures here in general is always hot to begine with. My husband gets to the point where he has total attitude, cause I don't want to give in to being with him. He says that it's getting old, (not me in general, the whole situation is getting old) and he should find someone young and ready when ever he wants it. I told him to go ahead, cause you don't deserve to have me. Now, I can see how so many stray away from their wives once they go through Menopause, or they reach thier 40's. Any insight, will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• Peri-menopause can start as early as 30 in a normal, healthy woman. Signs include lack of sex drive and irritibiltiy.

Give your GYN a call and make an appointment. She may be able to help you.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• It might be something your doctor can fix with hormones. I'm 55 and not gone through menopause yet but my sex drive almost but stopped last year. My doctor checked my hormones and they were off balance. She fixed me up real good and all is well now! woo hoo!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:51 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• wow iam 47 and i too have no sex drive. my husband said the same thing i told him go find him a young thing. no, i need some viagra thats what i need or what was it back then spanish fly! lol. i know how u feel hun. i can do with out and i use to love sex!lol
    Anonymous