Nyquil and breastfeeding

I was wondering can Nyquil dry up my milk supply?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I asked the pharamacist if I could use any of those over the counter medicines while I was having allergy problems. She told me that I could use Tylenol. I talked to moms on here and a lactation consultant and they said I could take Sudafed. Other than that, I was told not to take anything else. I am not sure if it will dry up the supply though.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 9:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• If it has an antihistamine, I would think that it could. Antihistamines dry up sinus drainage, but also remember that the body can't decipher what part of the body to dry up, which is why we get so thirsty after taking an antihistamine. I would ask your doctor, and remember, too that if you are still nursing, that anything you take in goes into the milk supply, good and bad. :) Have a nice Sunday.

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Nope cant take it! If your breastfeeding the same rules apply as if you were still pregnant. What you cant take prego you cant take while breastfeeding! Sucks but that is the deal.
    kitty410

Answer by kitty410 at 10:16 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• You technically can take it, but what ever you take, your baby will get also and otc medicines have the potential to damage your baby's development.

CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 12:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2008