What is your definition of a good wife?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 12:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• A good wife to me means one that does everything possible to please her husband as long as he does the same, do everything with love instead of duty, and has respect and admiration if he so deserves it.

Answer by older at 12:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• A good wife is one who respects her husband, who encourages him, who studies him, who loves him in his own language, and who is willing to sacrifice herself to see that he becomes the best he can be.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• A "good" Wife comes from having a "good" Husband. It's an equal partnership. You shouldn't have to sacrifice yourself for anyone except your children, and that has it's limits as well. It should be a mutual respect, and Love for each other. NannyB you seem to come from the "June Cleaver" days IMO....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• A good wife is a wife of "noble character". Her husband has full confidence in her, and lacks nothing. She is her husband's good fortune, and because of that she brings him good and no harm all the days of her life. She can make sound investments and makes sure her whole house is fed and clothed. She is not an idle person, but she diligently keeps herself busy about her own home and her own affairs. She knows how to manage her time and make the most of each day, she's not lazy. She is always available to those in need and to her family, therefore, her night light stays on. She is a woman that dresses her heart with prayer for others and for herself, she understands that God is the one who keeps her and her household. She is strong and wise, and faithfully instructs her children. Her children and her husband praise her and thank God for her. Her works bring her praise.
    Lordgivemewizdm

Answer by Lordgivemewizdm at 7:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My personal definition of a "good wife" in terms of myself and myself alone...

Love my husband
    Respect my husband
    Support fully and whole heartedly my husband when he is right.
    Guide my husband and lend a hand/ opinion/advice when he is wrong.
    My husband comes second only to myself in this life.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2010