Would you still send your kids to the babysitter with the flu ?

I babysitt for my cousin's 2 boys. Last night my aunt was visiting and seen that my kids were really sick. She called her the boy's mom and my cousin and told them not to bring the boys over today because they were sick, so she is watching them today. We have a DRs appt. tonight to get them on antibiotics and i told their mom this, but she just asked if I can watch them from 8:30am - 8pm tomorrow.... I told i will see what the DR says first and call her back, but I am not sure if I should because I think the kids will just keep passing the virus back and forth, but she said if it is just the "flu bug" it is OK. My aunt is mad and she cant watch them tomorrow, and that she can get her "other babysitter" to watch them so they can all get better...

What would you do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I think if those kids are sick their PARENT should stay home with them until they are better.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would tell her no. Not until they are better. That's like asking for her kids to get sick. I understand she needs to work, but if they get sick she will miss work anyway.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Oh heck no I wouldn't. In fact, I didn't. My DD just had the flu.. and the strep throat. She stayed home both days.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• nope
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• uh...no
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No. I would be home with him. If I HAD to go somewhere and NEEDED a babysitter I'd find one willing to watch him who didn't have any other kids around. But I'd do everything in my power to make sure he's at home with me.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No.I wouldn't.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• YOu stay home with ur kids when they are sick they need their mom around and if it is the flu what good will antibiotics do it's a virus?
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I wouldnt watch them. In fact I would say you are taking the next 2 days off to care for your children and make sure they get rest and you need to lysol everything in the house. They should have a back up sitter in place and if they dont this will teach them a lesson that they need one.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i think sick kids should rest and get lots of fluids and love.
    if my kids were sick, i would keep them at home with me.
    if someone else's kids were sick, i would not mind at all if they were home with me and my kids.
    i would love them, let them rest and give them fluids.
    i believe that we are exposed to many germs every day that may or may not make us sick.
    i believe that living as healthily as we can will cut way back on the number of times we get sick.
    i do not believe it is necessary to quarantine someone with a cold.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2010