Bored? Anyone? Help!

I have a 5month old and I'm a SAHM. I am so bored- what do you do with your babies? I have a mommy and me class Wednesdays, I take a walk everyday- I am just bored. Anyone else? What do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know this sounds like an old cleche' but find a hobby that you enjoy. Do you sew, paint, write? What were you good at in school? Sometimes that leads you to something to continue to develop. There's plenty of good things to learn, right from home. :) I think what happens to we moms who are home, and after years go by, we realize, Hey, I'm not so ignorant. I AM a smart person! But what do I know best? When I was pg the first time, I was horrifically sick and stayed in bed for months. I can't say I liked reading, but I read everything I could get my hands on. I learned soo much, but learned best to read fast. It develops your mind, increases your language, and makes you generally smarter. :) Hope you find what suits YOU best!! :)

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:52 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Oh I feel your pain!!! Until recently I felt like I was becoming stupider and stupider everyday! Like I could feel my brain slowly decaying. likeasinoit had some great answers!

I joined a yahoo and cafemom playgroup. We meet a couple times a week for coffee or at a park. Just being around like minded moms has really helped.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Oh, I also got a part time job. I work 1 or 2 days a week at the front desk of a hotel. The shift is from 3-11 so it is a little easier to find a babysitter. This really helps give me some adult time and some time away from the house.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• i get bord but not with baby,i just run out of things to do with her,we watch the wiggles i sing to her,we play with different toys,i let her touch stuff around the house like plants, running water,right now we are working on her crawling,shes almost there,i wish i could get out to see other people,
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:54 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Try visiting the public library. Thats something I have always enjoyed. My libray has a lapsit story time.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2008