How do I get my 2.5 year old DD finally potty trained?

My daughter has been asking to go potty since she was almost 2. She was finally going on her own (if she was naked) when she was about 27 months old....now that summer is over and it's too cold to go naked I don't know what to do. I've tried giving her stickers, asking frequently. Tryied to put her on a schedule (morning, after breakfast, after lunch, after nap, before bed). Sometimes she would go sometimes she would not. Every time it's a struggle. When I ask her to go she screams NO! and now it's a full on temper tantrum when I take her there. Forget going out. I don't even put her in a pull up it's totally futile...I put her in a pamper. I'm at my wits end and I'm panicking that she won't make it to preschool bc she won't be trained.

MumChevy

Asked by MumChevy at 12:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter was a little difficult with potty training. She would be into it one week and the next want a diaper. I kept the potty open for discussion. I would ask her but if she refused i left it at that. However, she wanted to start dance class and go to preschool. I kept reminding her that she couldnt do those things unless she wore panties and peed in the potty. I kept telling her they didnt allow kids with diapers there, but I never pushed it. She finally said to me one day, "Mommy, I dont want to wear diapers anymore." and that was it. She started using the potty and there were minimal to no accidents.
    Mama_G312

Answer by Mama_G312 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Thanks. How old was she when she said she didn't want to wear diapers?
    MumChevy

Comment by MumChevy (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• like everyone says every child is different just give her time, mine just last week went 2 whole days dry in underwear but when we get home and i ask her she says no just like yours, so finally if she says no i dont fight her and leave it and (this was last weekend) and this weekend i asked her and she would at least try
    dragonmomma02

Answer by dragonmomma02 at 12:26 AM on Nov. 15, 2010