tummy time

How do you do tummy time with baby once they have firgued out how to roll over? My baby is almost 6 months now..i was curious to...when do they stop needing tummy time?

madamlinwe

Asked by madamlinwe at 12:57 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What Rhianna said, once they learn to roll over then it just becomes floor time. Now that they have the muscles to roll over they can develop other muscles in their arms and legs and learn coordination, etc. It's also so much easier now to interact and play with them, at least in my experience.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I guess I never worried about that. Must not be that serious, since the boys appear to be doing quite well. I guess it was something I missed or didn't know about doing.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:58 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Once they can roll over it's not necessary for them to stay on their tummy. At this point it's just on the floor playtime they need.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I think once they get strength in their necks, to hold up their heads, tummy time isnt as important...although I might be wrong I just thought that was the purpose of tummy time.

endurablemist

Answer by endurablemist at 1:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I always thought tummy time was so they could build strength in order to roll over.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2010