How do you keep the rumor mill at bay?

My dd almost 17 is the center of so many rumors. She was called into the counseling center yesterday because of the rumors. The school knows the character of my child but had to follow up because of the severity of the rumors. My dd has always let it go when rumors fly. As I have led her to do. But mean girls start every time my dd breaks from her bf. Guidance please in helping keep my dd spirit intact.

martinmommy26

Asked by martinmommy26 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• It's life..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• At school she needs to go into the counselors office first and tell them what is going on. She needs to walk with her head up high like not a thing they say will bring her down.
    Two she needs to confront the person who is doing this in front of others and tell to stop the SH&t. Maybe have the counselor stand near so she can hear what is going on?
    She just can't hide, she has to fight back! Or pull her out of school.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I can't help but wonder why so many rumors? I know that we love our kids and we always want to believe the very best about them, but if there are so many rumors going around about your daughter, does it make you want to ask her why? You said that the rumors happen every time she breaks up with her BF, why is that? I have questions because there is always a simple explanation for why things happen, and it seems from your post that there is more to the story that is being told. I say this because in my 21 years of raising 9 children, there is always 2 sides and maybe even 3, to every story. Get more of the story, not just from your daughter, but from the BF, from friends, teachers and even associates.
    Lordgivemewizdm

Answer by Lordgivemewizdm at 3:39 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• In high school there were a lot of rumors about me, some were just crazy.I tried to just laugh it off, in fact my senior quote in the year book was "the only thing I regret about high school is not doing half the things I heard I did.'
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• sorry that is the real world but let her go to adults and talk school officials
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Is it just drama or is it borderline bullying?
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• You can't help what others will say or believe, all you can control is your reaction. It seems she knows that... There isn't much else that can be done.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2010