I PROMISE to keep it in my closet

If you find out your SO/DF/DH had given a ring (promise ring/engagement ring) to his ex 2 years ago, would you be mad finding it out 1 year into your relationship?

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 1:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Men always diminish the relationships they had in the past, they want you to feel special. I wouldn't make too big of a deal, unless he blatantly lied to you about their relationship (like they only dated a month or something like that) then I would address the lie, not the prior relationship.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• No. He is obviously with you now. I don't get why some women have to know the details of the mans past relationships. It is the past, let it go.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No. What happened with them back then has nothing to do with him and I now. Everyone has had a relationship or a moment with someone that meant something truely great. That doesn't take away from what he has with me now, because he's with me now and not them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I don't think it would bother me, unless he was planning on giving me that same ring! I think it would be ok because DH doesn't have any contact with his ex.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 1:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• no because his past was his past..just like my past is my past...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Why does what he did with an ex bother you? I've been engaged a few times, it's part of my past. Has no bearing on whomever I'm with in the present or even in the future.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No, my DH is with me now and not with the other girl. If he told me was once engaged or that they are friends, I wouldn't be upset. I am friends with some of my exes. I am secure enough with our relationship.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 3:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I guess it would depend on if you had talked about it and he had lied or delibratly omited it. Everyone has baggage tho .. But I know it would be hard. ((hugs))
    jat82

Answer by jat82 at 1:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My DH has his ex's ring from over 25 years ago. It doesn't bother me
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2010