My husband's cousin stopped talking to her mom. What should I do?

My husband's aunt invited us for Thanksgiving dinner. We are going. Her daughter is fighting with her parents because of a blowout that she had with them while visiting them. She drove 8 hours and she accused her mom of not saying goodbye to her husband. Her father was working and so they just bailed out on them. She never told me or my husband goodbye either. But about a month later she called and talked to my husband about her fight with her parents. She tried to tell me when I answered the phone but I tried to stay neutral and just handed the phone to my husband. We have not talked since then, but she occassionally calls my mil. What can I say or write on e-mail since Thanksgiving is right around the corner?

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Tell her that life is too short to get upset over trivial things, and her mom is not going to be around forever, to make the time she has got with her a pleasant one, and that Thanksgiving is to give thanks and to count your blessings.....

Answer by older at 1:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• That is so true , but she is very head strong and very different in her views about child rearing and cooking and just very artsy and modern for her mom and dad. I understand that her man is very cultured in art and all but you have to grow up and realize your mom will not be around forever no matter how much you do not get along or are different from them.
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2010