should i tell my boyfriend that i am pregnant?

hi, am 17 yrs old an i am preg for my boyfrend. we have been dating for 6 months an i love him alot. but he is muslim an i am catholic. we have diffrent lifes. with diffrent things in mind an diffrent goals. he is going back to his country(lebanon) in 3 to 4 yrs. the problem is that last 2 months we had a false alarm that i was pregnant an he told me that if i was he would want me to abbort, now dat i am pregnant i dont want to to that becasue i dnt approve of it. i dont want to ruin his goals an plans in life becacause i love himenough to dont hurt him. i dont want him to be disapointed an bad about it.. so wat should i do? hide it from him an leave him?

pexichica

Asked by pexichica at 1:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You had sex with him and got pregnant. He has every right to know he has a child. He made the choice to "ruin" his plans when he had unprotected sex. If you don't want an abortion, then just don't get one. But you need to tell him.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would tell him and advice him, you are keeping the baby and the rest will be up to him.

Answer by older at 1:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• He is the father and has the right to know. It is your 'final' decision weather to abort it or not. He can't make you. After telling him, see where it goes from there.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• You need to tell him and you need to decide for yourself what you are going to do- just because he wants you to get an abortion doesn't mean you do it. And it is too bad that his parents don't know and his religion doesn't approve but those are choices he made and has to deal with, you can't change that for him now. I am pretty sure abortion isn't real popular in his religion or yours either. Not to mention you will likely need child support from him to aid in the raising of this baby- babies aren't cheap and they deserve to be supported by and have both parents a part of their life whenever possible. If he chooses not to be a father to this baby that is his choice, but you at least owe it to him and your child to give him the option. You are both responsible for your pregnancy and he could have taken steps to prevent it from happening. Now that it has happened everyone needs to face it and decide how to deal with it. GL!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• He has the right to know. Him telling you that he wants you to have an abortion doesn't mean you need to. Tell him.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Tell him. You don't have to have an abortion because he wants you to. He may surprise you.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• if he wants to stay let him stay if he don't like it kick him to the curb. ur baby deserves to be here just as much as him!!!
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 1:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Whether or not his plans are "ruined" is irrelevant; you're pregnant. Time for new plans. How is family reacts isn't totally your concern. You need to be taking care of you and your pregnancy.

Both the baby and the father have a right to know about each other. I would tell him.
    Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 1:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Abortion is not the answer. Your baby has a right to live and lives already inside you. I know where you are is kind of scary, but try to hook up with a crisis pregnancy center in your area (under abortion alternatives). They can help you materially and emotionally. I have been where you are now and regret my abortion every day, though I know God has forgiven me. Take care of yourself and get help for yourself and your baby. Your boyfriend is wrong to tell you to abort. What an unnatural thing for a father to say. And he may live to regret his attitude someday.

God bless you and take care.
    missmansmommy

Answer by missmansmommy at 1:39 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Tell him. As the father of the baby he needs to know. Both of you made the baby, both of you need to deal with the consequences. For him, that means either choosing to be in the child's life or not, but he needs to be financially responsible regardless.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2010