Have you ever become a better wife to your husband and really adult content

not get much positive response back from it? What do I do now?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• If I do not get positive feedback, I stop being the good wife, simple........

Answer by older at 1:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• how long have u tried? what have u done? what are ur motives behind becoming a better wife?

if u are trying to become a better wife so that u will get something in return (even just gratitude) then ur not doing it for the right reasons. i suggest u go out and get a book called Love Dare. it will help u with ideas on how to become a better spouse.

i am in a similar situation right now, but it takes perseverance. remember to show him true love.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 1:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• yep, and he left regardless. fuck em.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i really like the Love Dare book but watch the movie Fireproof before you start with it...the book comes from that movie. Also another book to check out is the five love languages. i was never into self help type books or anything like that but I was at a MOPS meeting and they just happened to be talking about the love languages that day. A great friend of mine recommended Fireproof and the love dare book to me when my hubby and I were having some major problems. I did it for me mostly but then learned a lot about myself, my marriage, and my husband from it. Things truly are different for me now even though Hubby hasnt changed a lot I have learned how to get the responses out of him that I need.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have worked harder regarding things that my DH thought I needed to work on. So yes, and yes he has forgotten to mention something about it. It does hurt, but I think it's a guy thing. They forget about a lot of things.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 3:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• YES> I did everything I could t change myself and make my husband happy and it did nothing for our relationship.He was the same ass. What I am doing now is leaving him. 2 Years of hell and I'm finally tired of it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Never stop being the best "YOU' that you can be. It is quite a shame that he cannot see your growth, but just know that God sees it and so do you, and I'm sure others see that as well. It may be that he has not grown yet, give him some time. Meanwhile, keep on being the best wife to him you can be. I've been married 20 years with 9 children, and there were times when I felt unappreciated, I wanted to go on strike like you, but I learned to communicate. I got sound, good counsel from dear friends of mine who loved me and my husband. I prayed too because it's not an easy position, but as you mature in your relationship you will begin to appreciate each other and one another's strengths. Does he care for you? Work every week? Pay the bills? Put food on the table? Keep your eyes on the strength of your marriage, God will take care of the rest.
    Lordgivemewizdm

Answer by Lordgivemewizdm at 6:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I tried with my first husband... clearly that didn't work out as he is no longer my husband... have you tried counseling?
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I can tell you after 18 years (19 in Dec) of marriage that the most blissful times were when I was working extra hard to keep things smooth. That means not complaining when he drops his socks beside the hamper or when he's late. And I do 100% of the housework (which I do anyway) with no complaints. My dh has never given half the effort I have. At least not the way I have. Men are different animals and they do things their own way. I can't say he didn't do anything, it just wasn't in my language lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2010