Fabric Softener on Baby's clothes?

Ive been using Dreft for my son's laundry and have recently noticed that a lot of his clothes are no longer soft. I looked around to see if Dreft made fabric softener and didnt see it. Has anyone else used regular old downy on their baby's clothes?

mandapanda942

Asked by mandapanda942 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have, it didn't seem to bother any of my kids. I like the clothes to be super soft.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I always used fabric softener on all my babies clothes. If I remember right Downy makes a free and clear one that is for sensitive skin you might look for something like that first just to try it out.
    Good Luck!
    mom23ks

Answer by mom23ks at 1:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Downy has a fabric softener free of dyes and perfumes. =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Dreft is poison like most of the cleaners on the market. DONT USE FABRIC SOFTENER! It's terrible!

Might I suggest Soap Nuts? They are extremely effective and are soooo much cheaper than any other detergents.

You can though make your own detergent - http://www.ecofriendlydaily.com/home/eco-friendly-laundry/
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 9:57 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i never use fabric softener on baby clothes
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2010