Anyone going to watch GWB on Oprah?

CHICAGO – George W. Bush recounted the mistakes of his presidency on Oprah Winfrey's talk show as he launched a book tour to promote his just-released memoir "Decision Points."

The former president said he still feels "sick about" the fact no weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq. His response to Hurricane Katrina could have been quicker, he said, and he should have landed Air Force One two days after the storm instead of viewing the destruction through the plane's window. And he said he didn't see the financial meltdown coming.

The former president appeared Tuesday in a taped episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show." Writing the memoir, he said, "was an easy process" that has kept him busy.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 1:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I watched him last night with Matt Lauer. Interesting. I didn't vote for him, but I wanted to hear what he had to say. I think he was in way over his head to be honest. I'll watch him on Oprah today too.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Yep, love to see him as a man with heart and out of office frankness. He stumbles on his thoughts and word, but of the first time I can see him as smart and capable....language issues and higher thinking can go together.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No cable.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:39 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• It comes on here right when I have to go and pick up DS from school, so I'm taping it. It looked like it would be interesting.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No. I don't watch Oprah.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 1:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i'd probably watch it, but i had to watch O last week when shaun cassidy and peter frampton were on..i'm tapped out on the O, at least for another six months.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would like to see him, but I do not have cable. Is Oprah on network TV anymore? I really think W took one for the team-I doubt he ever wanted that job. I think W (and Obama) both are genuinely nice, decent men- Cheney-No!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I don't watch Oprah (barf my guts out) but I am very interested in what he has to say.

As much as i may have hated his presidency, I recognize the value of his reflections.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:57 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Oprah comes on network tv

Channel 6 here

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Nov. 9, 2010