Why do they think it's the end of the world?

I'm just wondering if anyone else is boggled by the reaction some people have when they sit to watch tv and can't find the remote. I've seen people scream, interupt people in what their doing to go find it, throw things, fix the tv so that no one can watch it until it's found etc... People go into extreme crisis mode. Has anyone esle seen this and if so what was your reaction?

aitson

Asked by aitson at 1:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I have seen that happen with a set of keys. What fixes temper tantrums in my home is when I record them. Whether it's the kids or the adults, they realize how ridiculous they were being and change their attitude.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:39 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My hubby does this all the time, and yes, my reaction is much like yours, get a grip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 1:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i have seen it, and when it happened in my house. we shut the tv off for awhile. i dont mean a few hrs, i mean a few weeks. we decided our priorities were in the wrong place.

i also get mad when ppl yell at the tv during games. my dh started doing that and i was working on homework with our dd. his dad was there too. well, he said, can u do this later, i am watching the game. oooh, i blew a fuse!!! i said "excuse me?! our dd's education is more important than a stupid game!!!" and for once his father agreed with me!
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 1:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• we get caught in a niche I think. Habits. Like we spend an hour trying to get something onto our Ipod or can't figure out whats wrong with it, when we could have just used pen and paper and been done with it long ago. lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• It's the way usually of having a demand met. Here or at my home in growing up. It's the newest way to get attention with other family members, you'd think that the one in charge would have a handy sac to put it in, or get some sock or something and sew it to the couch or use a safety pin to stick it down to the chair arm. SOMETHING!
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 1:50 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• The only time I get concerned when I can't find it is in the living room, there is no other way to turn the tv off with out. So we programmed a second remote lol. Now my 9 year old gets hostile if he can't find it! My solution for him:always make sure you keep it in the same place all the time. but yeah, I've seen some pretty hilarious behavior over a remote, and I'm sure it was me from time to time lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2010