Gone 6 days-- would you let your husband?

My husband just took a over the road trucking job where he will be gone 5-6 days at a time. We had no choice. but would you let your husband do this?

jat82

Asked by jat82 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Let? he's an adult.
    You can state your case and hope he respects or goes along with your wishes.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My sisters husband has been trucking OTR for 22 years. It's hard, sure, but it's a job and they raised their kids and bought their home doing it. After the kids were grown my sister got her CDL and they now drive tandem.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• It's almost impossible for me to imagine sleeping alone all those nights in a row.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• ouch Zoey.. down girl I didnt mean "let" like THAT..... I meant as in would you make the decision TOGETHER that it was something to be done for your family
    jat82

Comment by jat82 (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• If you have no choice what can you do? I've been there. My dh used to be gone for a week or more at a time and it was hard. But I knew that's what he wanted to do and I wasn't going to stop him from doing what he wanted to do. He still drives now, but locally.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 1:58 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would if it would better our living situation and as long as he wanted to do it
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i wouldnt complain. My husband is deployed..He leaves for 4-5 months at a time or a year..Hes actually gone now..That would be a piece of cake for us..
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 2:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Because of my DH's job, he is gone 6 days a week. He is home Sunday night and leaves again Tuesday morning. I know how hard it is, but like Diandra said, we should be glad we get to be with our husband's at least once a week. Remember, he is bringing in money, and right now, that is the most important thing. Just trust him and help him find ways to be as safe as possible. Plus it's really nice when he gets home.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• If it was the only job option he had, I'd support him. If it's what he wanted to do, I wouldn't not "LET" him. I'd just state how I felt about it -- good or bad.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Let? My Df makes his own decisions. Luckily he makes decisions that are positive impacts to our lives. If he were to make this choice, then I would trust him. He has our best interest at heart. If it betters your situation, I don't see the problem. My Df is often gone for weeks or months at a time. We make it work.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:33 AM on Nov. 10, 2010