When is it time to go?

Dh and I have had a lot of problems in the last year. Things have gone from bad to worse and I feel like we are always fighting. We are not close, we don't talk we don't do anything together. We just passed our 4 year anniversary and he ignored it. I want to feel specail to him and he acts like I'm just the help. I've begged, pleaded, asked, talked, tried being silent and nothing is working. When we talk he falls asleep on me and I ask questions and he doesn't answer. I am angry all the time, I went to therapy to get help and while it has helped me a little it hasn't helped us at all. When do you say I need to go? What do I do now??

JalynnMarie407

Asked by JalynnMarie407 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I am in a similar situation and would love to hear responses to this.
    DeeDee323

Answer by DeeDee323 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• The therapy isn't going to help your marriage unless you both go. Have you asked him if he would do therapy? Sorry, not much help.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:02 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• If you are unhappy and the only person willing to work on the relationship is you...it sounds like he has already checked out. Try a temporary separation.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 2:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• it hard for anyone else to tell you when to go...i know that one night i had enough of my ex, so i told him to put our son on the bus in the morning and that i would pick him up from school the next day...then i picked up my purse and walked out the door in my pajamas. i never looked back and i've never regretted it. when i was done, i was at peace with it and felt strong for making the decision was right for me.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 4:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I personally think if you know in your heart that you've tried absolutely everything there is to try and he just wont try at all then whats left?You can't make someone feel something they dont, you could try leaving and see if it makes a difference but if he won't try then it's a waste of time! Wish you the best
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• He does go to therapy but frankly things have gotten worse since he started going....TY for the responses so far, ty for those who are still going to post.
    JalynnMarie407

Comment by JalynnMarie407 (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2010