MY kids dad just forcefully took my kids, and he's on drugs, what can I do?

Can I call the police? It's his weekend to have them, but they are staying with him at his girlfriends house , she has two kids also and living in a small 3 bedroom and I know he is dealing drugs and on drugs, what can I do?

zenme1

Asked by zenme1 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in General Parenting

• Yes call the police immediately and I'd follow up with calling Child Protection Services and letting them know the environment he is keeping them in.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I agree with the recommendation to phone children’s protective services.
    idahospaz

Answer by idahospaz at 4:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Call the police! You can not allow your kids to be in danger! Start looking through the phone book and call anyone you find that can help! Bad situation!!!
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 5:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Call the cops if there is PROOF of the drugs. If there isn't any proof you might make yourself look less credible. If it was his visitation rights they may not do anything tho.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 6:10 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I agree with all of the above, but also go to court and get sole custody with supervised visits only. Your children should not have to be around that kind of behavior.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 6:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I'd call the police and CPS right away.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Call the police, but try I would try to get my kids first. It might be dangerous, but thats me. Good luck, keep us updated.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Are you seriously waiting for advice from us on what to do?? seriously?? As a parent your natural instinct should be to CALL THE COPS if you know your kids are in a dangerous situation.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2008