How much money do you have to spend on christmas?

we have a measly $500

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Holidays

• I have what ever my pay check is that week ! aweful I know but I' working partime for $7.50 an hour I barely make rent each week thank god for White Christmas here (low income Christmas help ) or else our 5 kids wouldn't get anything at the house but a little candy and maybe some socks !
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My Dh is an on call Firefighter and they get paid once a yr (the weekend in Dec) and that is what I have ea yr
    to spend... it varies from yr to yr and I make it work no matter what... This yr we believe it will be around 800.00
    and that covers ALL gifts to ALL family members that we buy for...
    I have 6 grandchildren (1 I have been raising since his birth), 2 moms, several sisters/sil's and a couple of our
    grown children get gifts, we usually skip ourselves, but this yr we have it worked out that we maybe able to
    buy ea other something small this yr...
    We also out of this money donate to several Charities ea yr...wither it's Toys 4 Tots, food pantry or thru the school,
    It isn't much, but to us it's not the dollar amount, it's the time we share with friends and family and the memories that
    are made...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Umm $110 and thats actually a lot more than usual.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 2:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• What ever i want..
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Total between what my mom sends for me to buy her gifts to the kids and what we have, it will probably be about $800 but that is for all 3 kids, my parents, dh mom, and 3 nieces/nephews and include any decorations or any other holiday items i might buy.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• about 200 bucks for 2 kids....My mom and In laws know better than to expect purchased gifts!! We are more tax time gift givers!!! :)
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• as of right now we have $289 and hope to be able to add a little bit more by christmas time. that is supposed to cover our 4 kids, us and our parents... i'm not sure how we're going to stretch it...
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 5:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• we usually spend around $1000.00, Thats for 2 kids and a bunch of others!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I will be planning a "family" gift this year. I only work parttime so I can go to school and money is tight! Around $300 is our limit
    pixidst73

Answer by pixidst73 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• total for everyone, around $1k
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:29 AM on Nov. 10, 2010