Have you ever sent stuff in the mail and had it taken along the way to it's destination?

I sent my little sister a birthday card in the mail, yes just a stamp and put it in my mail box for the post man to take... I am not too smart there.
Well I had put a $25.00 gift card in it. The birthday card arrived this morning at my parent's home, but just the card in an open envelope.
Sorry about the money and work category, there really isn't a category for this question.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 1:50 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• I ordered some refrigerator magnets for my business with my company information on them (to give out to clients) and the box arrived in my mail, empty. Someone had cut open the end of the box and taken the magnets out. I'm sure they were disappointed--they probably thought it was a package with a cell phone or some other small electronic item. I couldn't help but wonder, when they saw what it was, why couldn't they put the magnets back in the box for me? It's not like they were going to use them!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:50 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No, but it has happened to me before. My father now sends the gift cards separate.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:52 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Yes, I have had it happen to me with a $50 gift card. The police caught the people with my mail in their car, but magically no gift card. I would definitely contact the postmaster and see if they can investigate.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 9, 2010