Would you vote for him?

MSNBC is quoting sources close to actor Alec Baldwin as saying the actor intends to challenge Randy Altschuler of New York for Congress in two years if the Republican candidate ends up winning the House seat currently occupied by Rep. Tim Bishop, D-N.Y. The Altschuler-Bishop race is one of a handful still deemed too close to call; the most recent count shows Bishop, a four-term incumbent, trailing by less than 400 votes.

Baldwin is no stranger to politics. He has been both criticized and acclaimed for his outspoken support of the Democratic Party (he donated $2,000 to Bishop’s campaign this year), and in an interview with CNN last year, revealed his interest in running for public office.

“The desire is there; that’s one component,” he said. “The other component is opportunity.”

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I do not live in NY, so it's not really applicable at the moment, but I doubt his POV matches mine (never done the research). So likely no-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:57 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• If he were one of my choices? Nope.
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 2:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Not my state and i think his voice is creepy. He did a bunch of promos for NPR's fall fundraiser that gave me the heebee jeebee's.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:08 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• hahahaha..no. there's no doubt here (that his POV matches mine).
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:08 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Don't live in NY

But in PA, NO!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:08 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I'd have to hear/see his plans, just like any candidates, before I decided.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 2:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• well im not in NY, but if i was....no. he is WAY too liberal for me. i think he's a great actor (he's hilarious on 30 Rock!) but like most actors needs to leave politics alone.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No, not if he were on my ballot.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010