Is it impossible to hate a past president?

Do you think past presidents should be honored & respected for thier service to our country regardless of thier failures and accomplishments?

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 2:03 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course ... I hate Alexander Hamilton for promoting the central banking system.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Is it impossible to hate a past president?

IMO~Hate is personal. And it is irrational to hate someone you personally do not know.   I disagree with policies and agendas of past president's (and current ones)~ but to hate them? No... lol.. silly...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Unless you know the man on a personal level, I would say NO. Disagree with policies sure, but hate the person? No I think D Cheney is underhanded and shifty, but I do not hate him, as I do not personally know him.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Disliking the way they performed their duties as president should not conflict with the respect due the person holding the position.

I personally can't stand fmr President Clinton but would still refer to him as "Mr President"
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 2:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• while i dont hate anyone, its entirely possible to hate a past president. its not wise nor does it make sense since most everyone doesnt really know any president well enough to hate them. but one could hate the policies that caused current problems, hate that they lied to the country, hate that they disgraced the office, etc.

all past presidents did some thing right and most all held the country up for better or worse...that deserves respect.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i don't " hate" anyone.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I agree with grlygrlz. Hate is personal, my dislike for any president has to do with politics. I am not predisposed to hate, I stop caring long before that would happen.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I respect him, I just disagree with almost everything he did...

and I am more upset with the American people for allowing it.

Starting with Florida....Every citizen in this country should have DEMANDED the VOTES get counted

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Get over it, it's in the past, I am sure if you met the guy in person he would probably win you over.
    courtcaton

Answer by courtcaton at 2:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I don't 'hate' any Presidents past or present.
    But I hate Hitler and his minions for killing millions of Jews. And child molesters/rapists and the people involved with the Genocide in Darfur,other countries. In other words, evil people who deserve being hated.
    So far,the USA hasn't elected anyone who deserves that much dislike or hate.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2010