How do you handle the laundry?

How do you deal with doing the laundry? Color sorted loads or throw it all in and wash on cold? Do you put it away right away or do you procrastinate and only get to it when you need the basket for clean stuff?
I hate laundry so I tend to just throw everything in on cold add a little oxyclean powder and fabric softner and call it good. If I'm up to it I might sort out the whites and I always do the towels and bed clothes seperate, but that's about it.
I just loathe going through it all so it usually stays in baskets and such until I'm forced to deal with it. I'm working on this habit, but it's killer hard.

JadeRDragosani

Asked by JadeRDragosani at 2:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I loathe laundry. More than cleaning the bathroom. Really.

But it must be done. there are four kids too young to do laundry themselves so I do it.

It is not 'right' but I just toss a lot in together on warm and hope for the best. It is not like I have expensive clothes that need special care (see above about four kids).

The main thing I do is wash the girls clothes together, the boy clothes together and, and my stuff separate- it makes putting it away easier.

Putting it away does not happen right away. I start with good intentions but again.. I am not a big laundry fan.
    Almostsinglemom

Answer by Almostsinglemom at 2:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Each bedroom has a hamper in it. So I do about one load of laundry per day. Separating the whites from the colors, sheets and towels. I put it away as it's done otherwise it will sit in the basket till I need it. I've learned doing small loads per day or every other day helps keep me on schedule and not bombarded with huge loads.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:08 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• There are 2 baskets in our bedroom: 1 for lights, 1 for darks. There's a basket outside the hall bathroom for towels and a basket in the kids room for their clothes. I wash 1 load in the am & 1 in the pm trying to fold it as it comes out of the dryer so it never piles up.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I sort my laundry. I wash a few loads everyday. I am bad about letting them pile up after the dryer though.I have a deep freeze that I lay the clothes on to hang up. The rest pile up in the basket. After a few days of looking at, I put it up.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I do it once a week, sort out the whites and colors and neutrals, it is no big deal, my mom folds it for me and I put it away. Team work....

Answer by older at 2:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I do it once a week, and make several piles. Darks sorted by reds and blues (blacks go with whichever pile is smaller). Whites, grays and tans, and I have "sub-piles" of things that need to be sprayed with stain treatment before getting washed and things that need to get put into separate sacks so they don't go into the dryer (bras, other delicates).
    I try to confine it to one day, one big folding time at the end of the day (sometimes it's done between loads as I go).
    Every once in awhile, I do an "as needed" load, like jeans or sports bras with like colors. These are the loads least likely to be folded until I do laundry again!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I do laundry daily/as needed. I always separate white/colors/linens & towels. I hate doing it, and I might not get it put away the moment it is clean, but it feels good not to have it backed up either.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My husband and I each have a hamper. Right after we get up Wednesday morning we sort all the laundry into darks, lights and whites, plus the sheets. I start a load or two before work, when he gets home he moves it along. We fold as we go and when I get home we finish up and put away all the clothes.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 2:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I just throw it all in and wash it on cold.. I usually put it right away straight from the dryer..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I hate doing laundry.. ugh. I feel like it never gets completely done.
    I make sure I wash the bedding once or twice a week, and Monday is my "laundry day". I do as much laundry as I can, and put it away.
    I dont sort colors, darks, etc. I just throw it in with some Tide with Febreeze, and thats that!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2010