Do you let your kids watch TV?

If so what do they watch? And how old the kids?
My daughter is 3 and she loves to watch scooby do and Dora/Diego. She discovered Wonder Pets.

JadeRDragosani

Asked by JadeRDragosani at 2:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• The upside down show.....the brothers doing like improve stuff...I can't watch it, but they roll in laughter and totally copy them when they invite them to join in to push the imaginary controller.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Yes. They are 8, 10, and 12. They watch Nick. Disney and alot of Discovery channel and Animal Planet
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My daughters are 5 & 3 and they pretty much watch whatever they want..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My 6 month old had watched elmo once but I don't really like using the tv to occupy her at such a young age. I like to keep her active so she won't be a tv freak like her father lol
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Yes. She is the same age as yours and watches the same shows.

I never had a problem with her watching tv since I don't use it as an educational tool or a babysitter. Mostly it's noise in the house.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My 5 year old watches whatever on Disney, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon. My 17 month old could care less about TV but some of the animal shows will catch her attention.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• my 4 year old loves anything on the disney channel and nickelodeon...and my 16 month old doesn't really care about tv, but loves to watch his Baby Songs dvds.
    waleb1002

Answer by waleb1002 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I sure do...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Yes, but I try to limit it each day (unless he's sick or I am, then whatever--just need to get through the day). He tends to obsess about one or two shows at a time, so he doesn't watch all of these in one day or even one week, but he likes stuff like Dora, Diego, Sesame Street, The Cat in the Hat, and Yo Gabba Gabba. I usually let him watch a show first thing in the morning while he has breakfast, especially since I'm not much of a morning person. Then, if we're home later in the day, he can watch a little more in the afternoon or evening. I try to keep it under 2 hours most of the time. We usually focus on running errands or other outings and playtime at mid-morning and/or after his nap/quiet time. I just try to make sure the shows are educational, age appropriate, and that it's not what he does all day long. I often try to play music instead of tv, because I think he just likes the background noise while he plays.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I forgot to say...he's almost 2 1/2.
    pam19