Are there any shows that are banned in your home?

I don't allow my daughter to watch spongebob. Both my husband and I hate spongebob. However she does watch it at daycare so she knows what it is. I just make it a point to tell her that while she can watch it at Roxanne's it's not something mommy and daddy like so she can't have him at home.
In adult TV I don't like for my hubs to watch Futurama, Family Guy or any of those TV shows. And while he owns Invader Zim he also knows to watch it when I'm not home.

JadeRDragosani

Asked by JadeRDragosani at 2:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• thats not controlling.
    ya as far as the DH, he's an adult, I can make my case and hope he respects it, but I can't tell him what to do.
    The kids won't watch anything not age appropriate, has excessive language, violence or sexual content. We just call it as it comes along.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 2:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• South Park is not allowed in this house under any circumstances. Family Guy is not allowed while DD is in the house.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• DS isn't allowed to watch Spongebob either. DH can watch what he wants, he is an adult
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• South Park, Family Guy, Billy and Mandy. That's all I can think of right now
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My hubs is an adult and he is free to watch what he wants. There are a few shows I don't want the kids to watch like Family Guy or some of the more rude, crude cartoons on the cartoon network.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Too funny...no sponge bob here. I don't like the commercials even on noggin. My kids do wii on the big screen and hardly do the educational programing even on tv. The gaming is just addicting though...I like how they learn gaming ideas(levels, guide books, reading) but lots of destroying and smashing stuff up even in Lego wii games.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Well aren't you just the TV nazi? LOL. I'd like to see my husbands tell me what I could and couldn't watch, or vice versa!
    To answer your question, when my kids were young no one would watch the local news in front of them. I avoided "The Simpsons" until they were about 10. We've never watch "Southpark" although I know my 17 year olds have seen it.
    What do you have against Spongebob? He's such a sweet hearted creature. Oooo do you think he's gay?
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• There are somethings that my children are not allowed to watch-mostly if it not age appropriate, or Barney.

But I and my husband are allowed to watch whatever we want. It just depends on if the kids are up or not, we either DVR it and watch it later or go into another room. I can't tell another adult what to watch.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Nah..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• We dont and will not watch sponge bob at our house either. I have also asked grandma not to turn it on! strongly dislike that show!
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 2:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2010