My 2 year old daughter calls me daddy......

She started calling me daddy to make me mad and I would just ignore it and now I have to bribe her to call me mommy anymore and her dad thinks it's because she loves him more.... we aren't together so he thinks its funny... i'm so frustrated!

LoLLiPoPm0m

Asked by LoLLiPoPm0m at 2:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i doubt a 2 y/o calls you daddy to hurt your feelings or make you mad... she probally does it just to get a reaction chill out
    Anonymous

• That would definitely be frustrating to me too!

Answer by older at 2:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Honestly, I don't think she would do it to make you mad.. She's two, she probably just thinks its a funny joke.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Just ignore it..she prob does it to get a reaction and be bribed. Just keep calling yourself mommy and she will get it figured out.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My daughter did the same thing to me, needless to say it was embarrassing because at the time she was 3 years old! She is now 13 years old, and faithfully calls me "Mommy". Aren't you glad that challenges are only for a season.
    Lordgivemewizdm

Answer by Lordgivemewizdm at 2:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• She is playing with you.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 2:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My son called everyone "mom" for the longest time EXCEPT me I was mommy. lol I doubt she's doing it to hurt you, I'm sure she just sees it as something funny or a way to get a reaction and a "bribe."
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I wouldent let it get to you, my dd called daddy mommy whenever she wants him as well, HE just tells her that he is daddy and she has to call him daddy if she wants anything, she will usually call him daddy when he corrects her like that. then they go off and do what she wanted to do! :D Good luck
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 8:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I'm in the same boat! My son calls me daddy-he used to call me mommy and would never say daddy, so daddy told him to say daddy and now he won't call me mommy. It's so frustrating! We just correct him whenever he calls me daddy. We also just randomly ask him "who's that" (pointing to me) then point to daddy then his brothers and ask him the same thing. Good Luck!
    bcbmami

Answer by bcbmami at 10:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2010