What time of the day should I have a Birthday party for my boys - 4yr old and 1 yr old: 1:30pm or 3:30pm?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would say 1:30, the earlier the better I think.

Answer by older at 2:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I just did my 4 yo's party. We had lunch at 1pm, presents and cake at 2:30. Worked out pretty well! The only problem was there were a lot of football fans that came and they weren't happy about missing the big college games that were on that afternoon, and i dont have TV! LOL!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 2:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• depends on naptime
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 2:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would say 1:30, but you have to think abot naps. So i would go for 3:30
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Do either of them still take naps? Is one better about missing a nap than the other? I would go with the time that's best for that if you can. We had my son's b-day parties in the late afternoon to be sure he had a chance for his nap. Just depends on their routines.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would plan it around naps. If 1:30 falls inbetween the one year olds naps I would try that, but if he's always napping at 1:30 or shortly after I would try 3:30.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would do the 1:30 time so you have the rest of the evening to relax from the party. Plus if like my kids they are happier in the afternoon.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I agree a lot of kids take naps around 130 so I would do say330 you don't want any crany babies at the party that need a nap and this happen to me last year and my nephew was the cranky kid. We left early
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 3:02 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Well if you do 1:30 people might expect lunch but at 3:30 no one would. I guess I depends if you want to serve a meal or just cake and maybe some snacks
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i say 3:30 that way you children and the others would have had there naps and are ready to go and have some and sleep all night YES
    chanchan522

Answer by chanchan522 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010