Have you been told you look big for how far you are in pregnancy?

I am 21 weeks and 4days pregnant with my first. Strangers ask me when I am due. I tell them March and then they look at me again. They then ask if I am sure there is only one. Then they say I look big to still have time left. I look in the mirror or at my pics and I don't think I look that big. Dr. says I am fine. I was a little over weight when I got pregnant also her dad is 6 feet 2 and I am 5 feet 3. My newest pic is my avatar pic.

Rileymommy18

Asked by Rileymommy18 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have gotten that with all my pregnancy's. Just ignore people.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Unless they are a doctor or midwife with a measuring tape at hand, politley tell others to shut it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Thanks. I want to tell them that there are 4 and I'm due any min. But normally I just ignore them. The funny thing is one of the people was a guy at the jewlery store. I was like whatever.
    Rileymommy18

Comment by Rileymommy18 (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I am very petite and looked like I was 6 months by the time I was 4 months but My oldest was 10 lbs full term. I use to just smile and say I grow large babies. With this pregnancy I am at 12 weeks and no one knows. Lets hope this one is smaller than it's brothers!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 2:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No but this pregnancy is just the opposite people look at me like no way you're 9 months your tummy isn't that big.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 2:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• r u having a girl???? I was big like tat at 21 weeks. nothing wrong with it. it's just all in how u carry. I'm 5'2 mu hubby 6'5 my first was 8lbs 20inches @ 8days early. and second 7lbs 4oz @ 11 days early.
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 2:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Yes we are having a girl. One of the lady's at my church was talking to me and she said that I am just carrying all up front.
    Rileymommy18

Comment by Rileymommy18 (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• just ignore them, don't let anyone make you feel bad because of how big your belly is growing. im the same way, i was a chubby when i got pregnant and im 5'4 and my hubby is 6'5 and people use to tell me i was getting big early in my pregnancy (especially family memebers im not even close to) and just like you they would ask me if i was having just one in there lol i use to get offended by it until i realized that it took me a long time to get pregnant and im not letting anyone ruin my experience and get me all emotional lol so just remember your pregnant and your body isn't yours anymore, it's being rented by the baby and you have no control over it lol so as long as your doctor says your doing great and the baby's healthy than forget what everyone else has to say. *Rock the BeLLy with PRiDe* ;-) hope this helps! take care
    joymoon87

Answer by joymoon87 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Everyone carries differently.At 9 months most people didnt believe i was pregnant.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 5:03 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I actually had that happen the other day. I'm also due in march and i'm 20 weeks. She asked when i was due and i said in march and she was like wow, are you having twins? actually, her daughter was standing there(she just had a baby and i went to high school with her)and she was like geez, mom! don't say that stuff(or something like that)she was like i always hated it when ppl asked me that when i was pregnant! I thought, thank you megan!
    bcbmami

Answer by bcbmami at 3:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2010