Need help with getting her moving of a morning!!!!

DD is 3 and it has been taking me almost 30 minutes every morning to get her out of bed. I have to be at work at 7 so letting her wake on her own is not an option.
If I try to force her too fast, she winds up in a meltdown which puts us even later.
I really don't want to wake her any earlier than I have to but I gotta get her up and out of the house by 615A. I turn on the hallway light so her room lights up, I have a radio on in the bathroom, I go rouse her 4-5 times...
Ideas?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would have almost everything done the night before like clothes, socks, shoes ready to go. That might cut a litle of your time. My girls have a dog with an alarm clock on it. Get a little alarm clock just for her and maybe go to bed a little earlier might help. Plus make it fun for her and get rewards for doing good.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Maybe give her something to look forward to doing when she wakes up...picking out her clothes, making her own cereal? She could put a sticker on a reward chart in the mornings and earn a prize at the end of the week. She needs a reason to want to get out of bed in the morning.

Good luck, Mama! Hope you can find something that makes your mornings eaiser!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 2:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I'm not sure what time you get her out of bed, but start waking her up 10-20 minutes before. Go in her room, and tell her it is almost time to get up. Make sure she answers you and knows that she will have to get up soon. Then put some of her favorite music on. It's like having a party every morning. Let her pick out her own clothes, my kids love the responsibility of choosing their own clothes. They might pic out something crazy, but it's what makes them happy. Good luck!!!

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Make it fun...
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• What time is she going to bed at night? Maybe putting her to bed a little earlier will help her get enough sleep to get up in the morning.

monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 4:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Some people will never be morning people-no matter what you do. My granddaughter would sleep until noon every day including Christmas morning! So you have her pick out her clothes the night before, and when she goes to bed, tell her that you are going to wake her up early in the morning, and she has to hurry out of bed and get dressed and eat her breakfast so you can get going! Tell her if she does that 5 mornings in a row that you'll let her sleep in on the sixth. and do it! My granddaughter has always been a night owl also, and getting her to bed earlier never seemed to work!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Neither of my children are morning people. My son is simply awful! I used to dread waking him up, it was always going to be a fight. He is now almost 22 and is still the same way. Good luck, I hope you find a key to this secret, I never did.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 12:02 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Make sure she is getting good sleep at night. Make sure she follows her wake- up time, every morning- not just school days. Prepare things for her ahead of time, like laying out her clothes, etc.

It may be that you will have to wake her up a little earlier.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:02 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Illiminate any white noise.. (Fan, static, humidifier..) Make alot of clankity clank before waking her.. it does the trick for my hubby lol.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:18 AM on Nov. 10, 2010