how can i get my completely pee potty trained 3 year old to stop fearing pooping on the potty and start doing it?

my son is 3 years old and has been going pee on the potty for more than 9 months without an accident but still will not poop on the potty. He refuses and withholds for days, he will demand and wait for a diaper at night to go #2 in it. How can i get him over this hurtle and get him to finally become completely potty trained?

BBmama2u

Asked by BBmama2u at 2:57 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have him watch you or daddy go poo, then show him when you get off the toilet, and then say bye-bye poo poo! And stand there and wave till it's out of site. I read somewhere that they actually feel as if they are losing some of themselves when they poo, so if you can reassure him that he'll have more tomorrow, and let him see how the big people do it-that will relieve his mind.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• my daughter was the same way. She knew when she had to poop because she would either go upstairs or in her playhouse too. I tried everything. She was great with peeing. The only thing that finally worked was putting her in timeout sitting down in her diaper for 2 minutes. She hated it so in less than 2 days she was pooping on the potty. Tough love. You haveta find out what works for you and ur daugher. I'm sure other ppl will put me down for this but it was only for 2 minutes and then she was changed.
    kstn415

Answer by kstn415 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Make it exciting, lol. Offer treats or rewards if he poops on the potty
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2010