Is anyone else feeling like they have to chose??

between putting gas in the car to get back and forth to work or buying groceries for the week??

Asked by Autumnlover68 at 7:13 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Money & Work

• OMG yes... I would rather make sure my son has food than put gas in the car... These prices are crazy and have you seen the news that they are not giving you the same amount of product for the same price.. Look at the Mayo bottle used to be 32 oz now it's 30oz and the same price what is going on..

Answer by michaelsmom2005 at 8:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• That is the country in crisis...ask Mr. Bush..he is currently in Europe..traveling!!! We are all hurting just seems like those in power..are not!! Nor do they care. See my journal page..titled You can do something about gas prices. It will give ya a e-mail address to send your concerns to. Hang in there.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:44 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Actually, only a little. We have to adjust our budget, but I am finding ways to be very frugal with food items. Many things you buy in the store can be made from scratch and are very tasty. I buy from discount stores when I can...did you know that many gas station convenience stores sell milk for less than the grocery store? I also avoid driving if I can. I have hubby pick up groceries when he goes to work or I'll give a list to my parents, who are more than happy to help out. I've had a tank of gas last as much as 3 months in my minivan that way.

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Well, it is cutting into my food budget somewhat. I have become more frugal (and I was pretty frugal at the grocery store to begin with) - but I'm also finding it hard to pay some of my other bills b/c of it. It wasn't long ago that I used to budget $200 a month for gas for my hubby and I and now it's easily $400 a month :(

Answer by Mountainmom1994 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I work from home so I don't have to travel everyday, only on occassion. Perhaps Congress has an answer.

Answer by bizlady at 12:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I am an independent affiliate for Global Domains International. They are an awesome company!! Look at my website it gives you all the info.

Answer by kellibelle at 6:30 PM on Jul. 24, 2008