Agree or disagree with this ?

So I always hear that the main reason people are against gay marriage is because it breaks the sanctity of marriage...

But I think two gay people who have been together for year and years, who can raise children together, who can buy a house together, can go into debt together, etc. cannot get married.... but yet you have drunken people getting married in drive thru- chapels, people who can be married and divorced, married, divorced, married divorced over and over, you can mail order a spouse, basically buy a spouse, marry someone you have never met, marry someone for citizenship, marry for money....

but yet gay marriage is what is going to ruin marriage ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• doesn't make a lot of sense does it?!!!! I think if two people love eachother and wanna spend the rest of their lives together, so be it!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My co-worker is against it, and I am for it...and her explaination of it was pretty interesting. She doesnt push her views on anyone. But she did point out that a pastor (forgive me if i get the story wrong) was put in jail for refusing to marry a gay couple. So because her pastor can be jailed for refusing to do something that they are against it really does affect her life and all. To me...it doesnt affect me or make my marriage less than!!! soo...Go for it!!! I think everyone deserves to be happy, and feel what I feel in my marriage!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I agree with you too. I think everyone deserves a chance to be happy in life. If they want to marry their same sex partner and raise children together, they should def be allowed.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 3:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• You mean people actually get married? I have mixed emotions about gay marriage. I love my gay friends and understand why the want to be married. I think God made everyone of us, so can they be a mistake? I don't know. Hate the "sin" love the "sinner"? I just don't know.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 3:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I completely agree, if two people are in love and stable and have all that good stuff, they should be able to get married and go the whole nine yards. How is love and happiness immoral? My mother is gay and one of her closest friends has been with his man for nearly 34 years, they have everything, including children from a previous marriage and there is no one who could love those kids more. People put so much emphasis on straight marriage, like straight people know what they're doing. Really it's like society treats gays as lesser beings just because they love a different gender, as if they're subhuman.
    little_lion

Answer by little_lion at 3:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• ;)
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I agree with you. Doesn't make sense to me.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I think the problem is separating church and state. Marriage when not done in religious setting is a contract between two people. Why shouldn't everyone be allowed to sign that contract?
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My niece is getting married to her girlfriend in December in Washington D.C. For the most part I would think no harm no foul. However I have seen a lot of gay men and women in and out of relationships. I don't really think they should n't be married. I just think the stability needs to be there..
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I completely agree with you, and PP straight couples do the same thing.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 12:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2010