Dinner for Company

I am having my cousin and her dd over for dinner on sat. I want to make dinner that the adults and kids will enjoy. I am sick of tacos and spaghetti dishes. It doesnt have to be fancy but I wanted it to be good. What should i make? I considered meatloaf but not sure if they like meatloaf. Do most people like meatloaf? Give me some good company dinner ideas!!!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Chicken, salad. Rolls or biscuits. Apple pie with ice cream, (vanilla).

Answer by louise2 at 3:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• You can't usually go wrong with a good old chicken casserole. Almost everyone likes chicken. Choose a veggie like green beans, which is another thing almost everyone likes.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I don't like meatloaf, so not everyone does :) What about grilling burgers and hot dogs? It's easy, relaxed and usually everyone likes it. You can make fruit salad, grill corn on the cob and potatoe salad or something.
    Also, I often make this really good chicken pasta dish. I use whatever small noodle I feel like, marinade the chicken in an italian herb marinade. Cook the pasta, grill the chicken, then mix it all together with some alfredo sauce and parmesan romano cheese. Then sprinkle some break crumbs on top, if you like and bake it for 20 minutes. I also like to add broccoli or soy beans to it sometimes. Everyone loves it!
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 3:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• The weather is cool so you could make a big pot of soup or stew or gumbo. Serve it with some rustic bread and a garden salad.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have good recipes for roast chicken and veggies, and a yummy brownie recipe too (or almost any dessert lol, I love to bake). message me if you want the recipes.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Chicken Parmigiana-- Easy and so yummy too

monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 9, 2010