I need a little encouragement please!

I am generally a pretty confident person, however...my weight issues are getting the best of me. There is a man I like, who I've talked to online but never met. I want to meet him, but I am scared my weight will be a turn-off when we do meet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• If he is a real man, the weight won't be an issue. What's on the inside is what counts. Good luck.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• if you are a bit heavy, i would make sure he's aware of that before you meet just to make sure that you dont get hurt...but wether he likes heavier girls or not, there are plenty of guys that do. i've always been very insecure about my weight even at 130lbs because my ex was always very critical of me. now i'm with an amazing guy that loves me at any weight and i've been anywhere from 120lbs to 165lbs since we've been together...i lost a bunch of weight recently due to chemo and am now back down to 140lbs and asked him if he liked that i was skinnier now. he said he thinks i'm sexy regardless, but that honestly he liked me a heavier. he thinks that a real woman, especially a mom, should have some weight on her. i know several men that agree. if you can afford it, buy a new outfit or get your hair done to give yourself a bit of confidence...a good self tanning lotion will give you a nice glow too.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 3:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• go get some the blue& white box,,Quickslim at walmart $19.00,,60 pills take 2 in the morning 2 in the afternoon 2 in the eveing drink alot of water..in three weeks you willl look like a new person ,, I was a 14 went to a size 3 in 3 weeks,,, sometimes it may take longer just stick with it,,,, try to eat seam veggies,,baked chicken,,,no fried foods,drink alot of,,juices,water, eat fruit ..... hope I helped you,,, it worked for me and I had6 kids and I am 53,,,,, good luck
    bounceback

Answer by bounceback at 3:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• you have to be confient with you im small and i wish at time i was bigger but now that im 23 i have come a long way find something in you that you love one day and work it and do that everyday wether its you shoes ur lips your nails or what ever wether ur big or small if a man woman friend or love one cant accept you for what you look like dust the OFF yes it hurts but time heals everything and so does confidence Go get em girl im sure he will adore you callin u for dates and stuff :) ps if he dont there will be others good luck :)
    chanchan522

Answer by chanchan522 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Weight is usually a sensitive issue with most women but i dont think men really care as much as we think they do. He should like you for you regardless of your weight and if he doesn't its probably not meant to be anyway. Good luck!
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 3:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Let him know if you think you should. But remember, If he is worth YOUR time, it won't matter to him.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 6:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Like someone said, if he is a real man, he'll appreciate your personality. Appearances change, personalities don't. I'm sure you'll charm the socks off him! And if he pulls away, well, he sucks. But you're awesome! Go get 'em, girl! :)
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 10:39 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• If he truly ares for you, the weight won't be an issue. However, if you are not confident, then you need to fix the reason why. NOT because he may not like you but because you deserve to be confident!
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:01 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• let him know,and if he has a problem with it.Than there are men out there that does love big girls.My husband is one of them.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 7:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2010