What's the best way to curl your hair?

I bought hot rollers and used them today, my curls fell within 10 minutes :(

Any advice? Curling iron? The foam rollers? Etc

My hair is so straight and I really want to curl it for special events.

Thanks :)

eab001

Asked by eab001 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Use a product....setting spray or post curl hold with hair spray
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Do like the movie stars do. Buy a curly wig.

Answer by louise2 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Spray gel it before you curl it. Lots hair spray
    missmoma73

Answer by missmoma73 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• ive tried rollers, they dont work for me. when i get it professionally done they do, but at home, never =( i use a fat curling iron because i like big, fat curls. i put the top part of my hair up, curl the bottom part in sections and then take the top part, pull it straight up and bring the curling iron down toward my head, then let it go and they fall nicely on top of the other curls. i always have to blowdry my hair first though, i have wavy hair and it just doesnt look right when it's curled unless i blow dry it straight first. kind of weird i know, lol.

i also love scrunching, but hate the hard feeling later. i buy garnier scrunch gel, and after i get out of the shower put a small amount in my palm, flip my hair over my head and scrunch it, then i flip the hair back over normally and use hairspray to keep the crunches intact longer. it looks really pretty but again i hate the hard feeling.
    Anonymous

• oops that last one was me. clicked anon by mistake!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I use a big round curling iron. It gives more body than anything. Depending on the size or tightness of the curl you want, smaller the barrel the tighter the curl. And hair spray

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Use product compatible with your hair type i.e. dry frizzy etc. Then try curling in sections starting with the bottom so the weight of your hair doesn't flatten them.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 3:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• my sister had that problem untilshe started using the spray gel hairspray then the curl would hold GL i'm not much help sorry i have naturally curly hair :/
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Using hair spray is a good way to protect hair from the heat. However, make sure you use a hair spray that has natural ingredients. You can also try using Olive oil to restore the oils into the hair.
    pureitybeauty

Answer by pureitybeauty at 4:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i had to use a bottle of hair spray to make mine work for years.. after i lightened my hair, it started curling with ease.. now its tendable lol
    AhmanisSoldier

Answer by AhmanisSoldier at 2:11 AM on Nov. 10, 2010