I reported him but now I am scared he will try suicide. *AGAIN* adult content

An x/BF told me he had sex with a customer's 15 yr old dd. I reported him to his boss and to the police. He has tried suicide 6 times in the past 5 yrs. He worked as a Sgt at a prison for 14 yrs - he KNOWS what they do to "baby rapers". I am really scared he will kill himself!

I know if he does, it won't be my fault.....but I am still scared. I can't be friends with him anymore now that he's done this. I am angry at him for doing this! I am angry at him for putting ME in the position to have to be the one to tell. I know its about this girl but I am so pissed off!!!
I have now lost virtually the only "real" friend in real life - except those on here!! I want to beat his ASS! What's wrong with me? Why do I even care if he tries suicide again?

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• He is a human being, and no matter what he has done, you don't want to see him do harm to himself. I think that is just the sign of a compassionate person and is not at all inconsistent with your reporting him to the authorities for what he did.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:52 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Sorry but serves his stupid ass right. I hope he gets what's coming to him. If he knew what they did then why they hell did he do it. He deserves what's coming to him.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Its not your fault for anything. He made choices. You did the right thing. He needs some kind of help it sounds like. I hope he gets it.
    Anonymous

• This not about you, he is the one with the problem. See if you can get him some help. He may need to talk to a professional.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 5:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• He came to you, if he wants to admit it or not, because he wants help. Maybe if they know if he's suicidal they'll put him in a facility and be put on suicide watch for at least 72 hours. I agree with what NannyB said as well.
    Rosalie30

Answer by Rosalie30 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i personally believe that people dont ATTEMPT suicide...they either kill themselves or dont. if you truly want to die, it is not a difficult thing to accomplish. people who attempt suicide are either asking for help, trying to get attention, or trying to manipulate someone. dont let him manipulate you anymore...he is your ex.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 4:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have a friend I have known for 25 years. This past year he was arrested on charges of molesting 2 children under age 12 yrs old. I would never never never in a million yrs have thought he would be that kind of person. He admitted to me he has a sexual interest in children. I know he needs mental help but I still wonder how I could have never noticed this about him. He has kids of his own even. I just dont know. It happens that you find things out about people that shock you at times. Dont beat yourself up over it. Its not you; its him.
    Anonymous

• His manager just called and I asked them to please somehow watch him and tell the police to also. I started to bawl. I lost a real close friend today and I wish I could go back to sleep and wake up and this was all a bad dream.
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• HOW COULD I NOT SEE THIS IN HIM? HOW COULD I NOT KNOW HE WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME THAT I COULD BE FRIENDS WITH HIM FOR 5 YRS AND NOT KNOW?

Sorry I know that's yelling, but I AM yelling at myself!!!
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I'm confused about the "crime"...did he rape this girl, or was it consensual? In what manner did he tell you? For what reason did you feel you had to become involved? Did you not know that he would pay for this with the rest of his life? In any event, apparently you did what you felt you had to do and he's in the soup. As for the suicide issue - six times? He's not serious. I have way too much experience with suicides - if someone is REALLY going to do it - no one is going to hear about it. It's too late for you to not have told anyone about his indiscretions - now it's in the hands of the state. You will have to come to terms with what you have done in telling, and he will have to come to grips with the consequences of his ill advised behavior. I am sorry for your situation.
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 6:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2010