If you have boys this behavior normal?

I have four 17,15,11,10. About 4 mths ago one of my older boys had his friend over. My 10 yr old was taking a bath and the friend was aggrevating him through the door. My got tired of and came out and threw water on him, naked. Being that he is the only boy in his family, he couldn't stop laughing at the size of his penis. Of course I told him at one time he looked the same. Since then my 10 yr old costantly makes comments about his penis being so big. No matter how many times I punish him for it he continues with it. My 11 yr old a started making the same comments. I know grown men are obsessed with their own, but is it normal for this age? How do I stop it?

aitson

Asked by aitson at 3:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• How do you stop it? By ignoring it. I know sounds like a tough thing to do. The most I would say is "Nobody wants to hear about that" & go on. I always told my boys that there are certain things boys & men talk about with each other...penises, balls, that sort of thing..and that ladies do not like to hear about it. And since mom is a lady she does NOT want to hear about it. That its perfectly fine to talk about it with other guys just not in front of ladies. It did cut down on the amount of times I have needed to hear the word "balls" for no reason.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 4:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• yes, bragging about their penis is a favorite activity of this wonderful tweenage group. I have two at home. We hear fart jokes and penis comments all the time. Just continue to remind them where that conversation is appropriate and where it is not and I think we'll be OK, I hope!!! LOL......Julie
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 5:08 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have boys. Its completely normal. My two older boys engaged in "penis talk" at about 8 & 9. It weirds us moms out, but its part of them finding themselves. How to stop it? You can't. But you can put your foot down about there being a wrong time and place for that behavior.
    SherryMalcom

Answer by SherryMalcom at 9:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Boys start young and never stop obsessing over their package. I would have a talk about them doing it in appropriate places and then let it go.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My son is only 3 and I am now terrified. I did live in a little culdisac typa place with three duplexes and all the families had boys. My 1 year old at the time was the only girl and Often I heard the word balls or boys or jewels from the boys outside so it made me literally LOL when I read lisa89j's reply.
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 5:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I had that little discussion with them after their sister (who was about 3 at the time; she's 13 now) started talking about her balls! It was bad enough I had to hear it from the boys!
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 5:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Im sorry but this is funny only cause both of my brothers have done it. don't give them any attention about it, they'll stop sooner or later
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 1:33 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I should add, it will stop, for a few years anyway
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 1:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i have a 13yrold and a 9yrs old they would never talk like that except maybe with their dad but not in front of the family. I think this is inappropriate behavior. my 13 yr old is telling me how sexy he is . dumb!!! your not sexy you a kid. sorry but i dont think this is funny.
    cuteness13983

Answer by cuteness13983 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Very Normal as weird as it sounds my 4 yr old has even made them comments out of nowhere
    PjsMommy06

Answer by PjsMommy06 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2010