Breastfeeding with teeth?

My 4 1/2 month old daughter has 2 front teeth. I am breastfeeding her full time and it hurts like heck!! I dont know what to do. I dont want to stop breastfeeding but it really hurts. Any ideas?

kaylie_08

Asked by kaylie_08 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Please do not pinch your baby. The most effective way to stop biting is to pay close attention. If the baby is properly latched she cannot bite. Pay attention to her latch, and if she starts to slip off, detach immediately, and end the feeding. When she DOES bite, stop the feeding immediately. Eventually she'll get the message that biting will end a nursing session, and will stop.
    3maniacsmom

Answer by 3maniacsmom at 7:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• If she has a good latch, it shouldn't hurt unless she purposefully bites you (look up info on la leche league's website for a good latch). If she bites you, put your finger in her mouth and unlatch her, if that doesn't stop her after a few days, then try pinching her leg.
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 12:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I dont think that she is bitting me i think that its just her teeth rubbing against me. Im not sure though
    kaylie_08

Answer by kaylie_08 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2008