Will I ever get my 3 yr old Daughter potty trained???

My daughter is 3 now and is still not potty trained. I have tried and tried. Some days she is really pumped about going to the potty and some days she could care less. She rarely ever tells me when she has to go, I have to always ask her- if i see her dancing around like she has to pee or whatever. She will tell me after she has pooped but she will stay in a pee diaper until I check her and change her. This is my first kid and I dont have anyone to help me out with this. Any suggestions are appriciated!!! :/

punkypreggo

Asked by punkypreggo at 3:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You are not alone. I could have wrote this word for word. lol. wish i could be more help, sorry.
    cano

Answer by cano at 4:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I think every child takes different amount of time on everything. My 2 yo was peeing on the potty like a champ at 1 yr, stopped and then again around 20 months, and now he does it when he feels like it, we're encouraging but not pushing it too hard
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Try different things.
    Some thing people have told me;
    Everytime she goes give her a sticker or an M7M one for pee 2 for BM
    Go to the store and let her pick out some big girl underwear.
    Charting progress -- Put a chart in bathroom
    The child is allowed to be naked all day, with a potty available at all times.
    Hope one of these things work. Im still trying but we are doing a lot better, we are doing the nake method :)

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 4:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I ask myself this every day and yes, it will happen.
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 4:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• The big girl panties worked for me, plus I always had an open door policy when it came to the bathroom, so she saw me go into the bathroom, pull down my pants, sit on the pot, and wipe. Then it became something she wanted to do just like mommy! So that with the big girl panties did the trick! (I washed my hands afterwards too!) She had a lilttle stool she could pull out and climb up on to wash hers too!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• By the way, I had bladder surgery a couple of years ago, and had to wear depends for a few days afterwards. The diaper thing was pretty comfortable, I could totally understand why they don't mind them! Get rid of the diapers, go to pull-ups first of all, and then graduate to the panties when she understands what she is doing!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• This is why I am glad I have a boy.. He was potty trained before he was 2 and havent looked back yet he is 4. He started by peeing outside, so that wouldnt really help you alot lol sorry
    PjsMommy06

Answer by PjsMommy06 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Hang in there. It will happen and you will look back on this and smile. It will be okay!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 12:01 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• There are some great potty training groups on here, I would check them out for different strategies.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:00 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Be strong, dont give up, and don't rush it, it will only make it harder. GL =)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2010