if my baby is born around 7 to 8 lbs how long will it take them to outgrown the newborn diapers?

I'm trying to figure out if i should buy more newborn diapers or should I buy more the the sz 1? baby is arnd 6lbs now and around 7 or 8 lbs my ob will induce me since I have GD. Should i stack up the newborn or should I go for sz 1 or 2 diapers? Thanks in advance

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my ds was 8lbs 6oz when he was born and couldn't fit in the newborn diapers he started out in a size one...
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Stock up on size 1 and 2s! I want to say i used around 4or 5 packages of newborns though. and leave them in the packages because you can take them back and exchange if you have too!
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 4:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Like 2 weeks LLOLOLOLOL you have to figure they double their weight within the first month
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• 2 week!! Only buy ONE box. or else you wont use them all :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 4:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My 'advice' get maybe 1 pkg of newborns (you can always buy more as needed) and stock up on the size 1 and 2 diapers.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would say go to size 1 diapers. I wouldn't even say to stock up on them, Babies grow out of the diapers so fast. I was on newborns for a week and then 1's for about a month and then it was 2's.
    It's differnt for every baby. I would just not buy more then one big box if your buying diapers.

Cost-co is great for that!!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 4:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• That depends on your child completely. My children were 8 lbs both. My son grew out of them within a couple of weeks and my daughter within a week. (She was and is a chunk!)
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Don't buy a lot of nb size, just one pack at first. My dd is the only baby I know that was in them more than 2 weeks. She was 6lbs 8 oz at birth and almost 9 pounds when she grew out of the nb diapers. And it takes 3-5 months to double birthweight, not 1 month.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My son was 8lbs 4 oz and we went thru 5 or 6 packages. He fit in them until about a month. If you are going to stock up dont buy alot of size 1 or 2either because he went thru those fast too. He is 6 motnhs and has been in size 3 since 3 months
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I'd say not more than one. My son was born at 8 pounds 13 ounces and he wore the newborns for about two weeks and towards the end that they were so snug that I just wound up donating the remaining half "brick" to the local pregnancy center. So if you already have them I definately vote get some size ones.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 12:02 AM on Nov. 10, 2010