is there a way to cause early labor on purpose?

im about 8 and 1/2 months pregnant and im so anxious to see my little one, that i want her out now lol i heard walking a lot may cause you to go into labor, are there any other ways? and i know it may sound crazy and i should wait but what else can i do in the meantime to calm myself on seeing her lol any suggestions?

joymoon87

Asked by joymoon87 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you want your baby to be in there until you are at least 39 weeks. Even when I had gestational diabetes and had to get IV injections of iron done twice a week, my dr. waited to induce me until I was 39 weeks! With my son, I tried a few things to induce early and to be honest, nothing worked. He came when he was ready, 3 days before his due date :)
    It's hard to be patient, I know, but you have to be cause it's best! Try to come up with something to do, like make your baby an outfit or blanket. Paint a few pictures for her room or something :)
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 4:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Dont do it now! Its selfish to do it now. Just clean and get ready for the baby. Start a scrapbook or something. WAIT!!!! WAIT!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Please don't cause yourself to go into labor simply because you are anxious to see your baby. This is a bad idea on some levels. Walking and most the other ways to help labor do just that. They HELP labor that is already in progress (usually so early you don't know you are in labor yet). Talk to the baby and start doing things around the house to prepare for the baby.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Are you serious? Let the baby keep growing till its ready to come out! I have a baby at 35 weeks & she had feeding & breathing problems & was in the NICU. Nobody wants a sick baby. Your baby will come with it comes.
    Anonymous

• lol well that is perfectly normal just get hre room ready and everything throw a baby shower, hang out with friends, but if u really want her out walk ALOT i had my baby on saturday but i was really stresed thats y>>
    sammie45

Answer by sammie45 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Not all babies need to be in there at least 39 weeks cjm shm. My son came with absolutely no interventions 10 days before his due date and never hit 39 weeks. Anything from 38-42 weeks is considered normal and 37 weeks is considered full term. That is still not a good reason to want to induce labor though. Other then medical issues doctors should wait until 42 weeks to induce.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:08 PM on Nov. 9, 2010