what to look for in a childcare?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Usually childcare facilities need to be licensed. This is for our protection as well as our children. In the state of AZ the dept of health services license these facilities. You would most likely want to check to see if there were any complaints about the facility or home as well as citations during inspections etc etc... It's important to research. I know that here they are required to at least have a highschool diploma which is nice considering you probably want educated people teaching your children, I do anyway ;-p

Once you've narrowed it down to a couple you prefer you probably want to check locations, pricing, and availability because not all places have spots open....

Good luck on your search hopefully I helped a bit :)
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• State Liscensure is a huge issue unless it's someone you know and trust. Price is a huge concideration. I highly recommend meeting the provider face to face and seeing that you're a good fit. Look into what is required to stop service and what they consider what. EX. at my daycare you can be full or parttime care for different prices. Part time, what my daughter is, is up to 24 hours a week. Full is anything over. Flat rate price of 300 a month, 400 for full.
    Do they do preschool? What type of activities do they do and how do they get around? What is required of you as a parent?
    Around here we have something called the Childcare Resource and Referral through the local university that sends out guidlines of what to look for as well as having a list of providers. You might see if such a thing is available in your area.
    http://jobs.utah.gov/occ/occ2/learnmore/other/qualitycare.pdf this has good info too
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 5:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2010