Do you enjoy eating out with your dh when it's just the two of you?

I sometimes don't bc sometimes he scarfs his food down while I am still enjoying my food. and if he does finish before I do he tells me to take my time but inside I tell myself to hurry so either way I feel rushed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• after 9 years together, i always know he's going to be done eating before i am...i don't eat fast and that's okay, we sit and talk or he'll watch tv if there is one in the place we're at....
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Sometimes I think we run out of things to talk about and i have to carry the whole conversation. He just isnt a big chatter but I do enjoy date night.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I love it when my husband and I go out to eat just the 2 of us. My husband (like myself) enjoys a good meal, fine dining, and savoring the experience of a good meal together.

And well, that's the only way it is now that our only is grown and gone.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I LOVE eating out with my dh...its the kids that make me crazy. lol
    imuney

Answer by imuney at 4:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• It's one of our favorite things. He's a huge foodie, so we always plan ahead to go to restaurants we've heard really good things about. We do like to take our time, relax, share a bottle of wine. I think it would not be as good of an experience if my husband scarfed down his food. Maybe try a place with several smaller courses, that way he is forced to eat slower and stay in stride with you. That might teach him to relax and enjoy the experience.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 4:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• It is one of our favorite things to do. Eating and just enjoying each others company. When we are alone we always eat in the bar. It is nice.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• yes. I love it
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Of course, it is always nice to have time together, but we love our boys and try to do as much with them as possible.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 5:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I do. We talk about things we don't normally talk about. We are relaxed and we enjoy one anothers company. We also get to devour foods that we don't normally get to eat at home. Whether due to budget or the lack of creativity in the kitchen. I really would love to go out with DH tonight alone, but we are broke and have no babysitter.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have a girl friend like that. She is the fastest eater in the east, I try to convince her to take it easy. So I do understand it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2010