The Melting Pot

Has anyone eaten there? Did you love it? Is it worth the $? What is your fav. thing to order?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We have eaten there several times.. I think it is over priced but I love the deserts..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have not but a couple I know goes the often. They really enjoy it. They say its worth the money. They told me they have more then just the usual cheese & chocolate fondue you normally think of. They have meat you cook in oil on skewers. They said that was the best. They keep urging us to go lol
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 4:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• We love it! We go for our anniversary or other special days. It is expensive, which is why we go for a special occassion and we always order The Big Nigh Out. You get to pick a cheese fondue, a meat fondue and a chocolate fondue. Yummy :) Our favorite cheese is the Wisconsin one and our favorite chocolate is The Flaming Turtle :)
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 4:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• It's really expensive. It's fun for a every now and then thing, like CJM_SHM said. And I LOVE the Flaming Turtle. BUT, DH won't go there because it's too expensive, the meats are not always excellent quality, and we can do the fondues here at home just as well as they do there. It's just a lot more work and a lot more clean up lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Oh they do often have "happy hour" where you can go and order like half price drinks and chocolate fondues. They come with a great assortment of items to dip. Normally ours came with strawberries, brownie pieces, cheesecake pieces, fruit, sponge cake or pound cake, rice krispies treats, marshmallows, and other things.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• oh my gosh.....the cheesecake and brownie pieces are my favorite to dip in the chocolate :)
    I've done it at home also, but it is a pain to prepare and clean up after. I think it's worht spending the money to enjoy the experience!
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 4:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have eaten there and loved it. But it is really expensive so it wouldn't be someplace that I would get to go to very often. We also do fondue at home but it can be ALOT of work which is why it is so nice to go to The Melting Pot. If you can afford it then go if it seems too pricey for you to go, I would recommend saving up and trying it because it is worth it.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• This is my favorite restaurant!!! I love it! Truth is they have this dinner for two that included appetizer and dinner that is not to overpriced. Add drinks and desert, you're looking at about $80. Also, the entire event takes about two to three hours in a dimly lit romantic atmosphere and when you get out of there, you don't smell appropriately to go anywhere else, so it's not your everyday dinner thing and with that said, $80 for a special romantic evening is not that bad. It's more than worth it!!!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• We have eaten there and will NOT be going back. They are overpriced, slow and and the wait staff sucks. The one in our city was shut down because of very bad service by the employees, management and all the complaints constantly submitted to corporate. We have a place in town called Simply Fondue that beats The Melting Pot hands down.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Oh man! that is our FAVORITE place to eat! We love it! Yeah its pretty pricey, BUT they have happy hour & its cheaper then. To us it is definitely worth it. They don't just do cheese, they do meats, salads, desserts, etc. We go a few times a year. Its super romantic too. We have never had a problem with the wait staff.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2010