HELP!! No Clue what to do with my Master Bedroom!!

So, we're closing in about 2 weeks on our first home (YAY!) and we're trying to figure out how we're going to decorate and organize each room. We're stuck on our Master bedroom right now! We both want to paint our walls gray. So now, we're stuck on what accent colors do we decorate with? Our room is long rectangle shape. on one wall its our closets (two normal closets), other wall is the door to our master bathroom and our entry door, another wall is a window that looks out to our front yard, and the last wall has nothing. So, we're trying to make our room warm and cozy, yet express thats it the Master room. I was thinking white and aqua, or lime green and white, or black, white, and red. I dont know! We're so lost and any ideas would be soooooooo appreciated!
*side note, this is our first home and we'll be purchasing everything new. We're a blank slate*

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I saw a home decor show where they did 3 white walls with one black accent wall (where the head of the bed was facing) and there were two small windows on the accent wall (they put up white curtains). Surprisingly, the room looked really neat and classic - black and white accents.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• What the hell is that?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I love a darker gray,cream, an eggplant(deep purple) and black (just a little). do a soft gray suede benches at the foot of the bed. a rug that pulls all the colors together, maybe some eggplant or black lamps. pictures with all the colors. grey curtains to match walls, and a beautiful cream and eggplant bedspread/comforter
    nonni2

Answer by nonni2 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• nonni2.... I could totally see that in my master! Awesome idea!!!!!! bring on more ideas ladies
    staceybelly9

Comment by staceybelly9 (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I like gray, go find you some curtains with pattern and play on that. OR even find your bedding. Find a piece you want to focus on since you know you want to paint grey and build from there. Finding a cool pillow and decorating the room around it is always cool to me! You could always go to the book store and browse to design ideas....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Hi Stacey! Actually, Croscill (the home fashion company) has a feature called "Ask a Designer" where you can ask a professional designer for their expert advice. I love it: http://croscill-living.com/resources/ask-designer
    amandag618

Answer by amandag618 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2010