my friend is 8 weeks pregnat and she just found out she has vaginosis so the doctor gave her antibiotics to drink for 7 days so will this hurt her baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would hope the doctor knows what he/she is doing. It should be fine. Leaving it untreated may hurt the baby worse than the risk of antibiotics. We will trust the doctor on this one.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I am sure, if she told her Dr. she was PG that he checked it out. Antibiotics, are something that is fairly easy to find one that is fine during pregnancy.
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 5:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I got that when I was about 8wks as well. My doc. gave me a vaginal cream, but she said she did that bc it worked faster than antib. But I am sure everything is fine sinc it was given to her by her doc.
    shannieboo22

Answer by shannieboo22 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• No it won't hurt her baby. Bacterial Vaginosis is VERY common during pregnancy and so it's okay to take whatever they give you.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 5:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• The doctor wouldn't have given her something that would hurt her baby knowingly. If the doc is aware of her pregnancy than the antibiotics are probably very low dose and will not hurt the baby. Generally antibiotics won't hurt a fetus especially this early in the game.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 6:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• tell your friend to ask her Dr. if her So needs to be checked as well. CDC classifies vaginosis as an STD. Women develope it pass it without symptoms to their partner, they get treated and then get it back
    Anonymous

• There are several antibiotics that are safe to take during pregnancy and I'm sure the doctor wouldn't have given her something he thought would harm the baby. Doctors are too afraid of malpractice lawsuits these days!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Didn't she mention it to the doc before the doc prescribe her the med?
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 3:31 AM on Jul. 5, 2008