Does your husband work far far away?

My husband has been of to work far far away for construction & I been depressed. I admitted to him & he knows that I never wanted distance between us as far as relationship or work is concerned. He took this job, knowing he didn't have to. He did it because it's for a family member of mine & he is to nice to say "NO" & so I have been left alone for a couple days and already feeling very upset, lonely and kind of mad. For having me take care of everything now, the kids, the house (we are building) and the business here & doing all his other work he suppose to or should be doing here. How do you feel with Far distance. I love my husband,being 2gether I don't like doing everything on my own, that is my opinion of a relationship. To share responsibilities and most of all BE TOGETHER OR DO IT TOGETHER. Not alone or far away from each other. Ugh...I think I am just venting....& he knows I am pregnant & not doing well in the morning.

808tiare

Asked by 808tiare at 5:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• how long is he gone for at a time? How many days does he get at home when he is home?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• my husband is in afghanistan and has been there for almost 9 months....good luck while your husband is away
    imuney

Answer by imuney at 5:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• So far I'm not dealing with this kind of thing very much. There are times he has to go for a day or a little more for training but even those times are not so good for me. I feel like you do, marriage is about dealing with the bad and the good together. I just wanted to say I understand and hope it gets better or he decides to be home and tells whoever it is that he needs to be where he is really needed.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• mine is deployed and has been for almost 11months, it sucks when he is gone, i hope it gets easier for you
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• He is gone just for a couple of days and when he is home, it's home most of the year..I must admit. I would not be able to make it like most of you wonderful women that have men in the military. I'd go nuts!
    other than that. I feel decisions on other circumstances should be togetherness. Just being there and kind for my family is not exceptional, if he was fighting for our country, that is a different story. I always was a woman that felt a family is togetherness. Through it ALL!
    808tiare

Comment by 808tiare (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Mine's military, so I understand why he has to be gone. And yes sometimes it is a choice for him, he volunteers for things sometime out of a sense of duty. Thankfully mine is not away right now, he will leave Saturday and get back hopefully before Thanksgiving, he has to go for a training class. He's been to afghanistan and that was no fun for me. He goes quite frequently for training classes that can last 1-3 weeks. I found I am fully capable of handling things at home and STILL including him in our lives and in our major decisions and sometimes that's just the way it has to be. I hope yours isn't gone for that long, and i know it has to be frustrating that he volunteered for something especially with you being pregnant and your feeling on the matter.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My husband is in the military he goes where he is needed.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• @ matthewscandi, your so right, where he is needed!
    808tiare

Comment by 808tiare (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Been dealing with that for almost 19 years. Most of the time he has to work in another state for wks, months before I even see him. He also is a costruction worker.
    1Giovanni

Answer by 1Giovanni at 8:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Not really. He used to be in the Navy (we both were) and he deployed twice, technically three times but we were on the same ship back then. Now, he works in town.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:33 AM on Nov. 10, 2010