My kid has CP but I ever take her to specialist anymore because of no insurance

and it got too time consuming, and she has such a slight case you can not really tell. So she has not been to a CP doc for 5 years and now she is complaining about pain, pain in her hips, legs, neck, and back. This week it is her leg, she is limping more, she didn't hurt it, there is no marks or redness, what should I do, my mother and I are aruging over this, she said nothing, I said take her in for and x-ray at least, and my mom said I push her too hard

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Don't you get Medicaid for her? Here all kids with disabilities get it regardless of insurance coverage or not

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:50 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Is this a real question???
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:50 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I agree, there is SOME type of federal program to cover her. And time consuming??? Thats sort of lazy on your part!

Get up, get out there, find your dd what she needs and get it for her! YOU ARE HER ADVOCATE! Her only voice!
    Anonymous

• YES IT IS A REAL QUESTION----MY MOM SAYS THERE IS NO REASON BECAUSE IT IS PROBABLY JUST HER CP AND I AM WORRIED IT IS SOMTHING MORE!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• You are her mother. If you think she needs to go, GO!! It is up to you, not your mom. Can you get MA for her?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 5:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Hi I also have a slight case of CP I haven't been to the doctor in like 15 years for it..... I also complain to my parents about the tightness in my muscles they didnt do anything about it. So I would do stretching exercises that help tons and massage works as well. I would do that intill you can get insurance.
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• You need to take her to the Dr. You need to look into what kind of medical insurance she qualifies for for free, such as medicaid. All states have special insurance programs for kids without insurance, and you can make a decent salary and still qualify. A child with a disability probably qualifies for extra.
    Do your research and get your kid to the Dr!!!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I just understand her pain and i really hope this helps
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• PATIENCE909 ---So CP is painful all the time or is it maybe because she is in growing, and PE is getting harder too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• You have a daughter with CP and you have no clue about the disease?? Don't you think you should educate yourself on it?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2010